Monday, July 30, 2012

Well then

So they're back!!  But the boys are at camp all week so they weren't around much today.  When I picked them from camp I was telling them about the Olympic events that I watched that day.  I was trying to explain white water kayaking.

Me:  The people are in a boat and they have to paddle around in really wavy water.  They have to go through gates.

Whiny Magee:  How do they do that?

Me:  Well they have a paddle and it helps them move the boat to where they want to go

WM:  hmmm

Me:  It's a boat big enough for just one person and their paddle has a paddle on each end

WM:  Oh.  Kinda like a kayak.

Me:  Well it is a kayak.  How do you even know what a kayak is????

WM:  I just do.  Mom and Dad showed me one once.

****
Then we were watching men's beach volleyball USA vs. Poland.  The boys were very into the game and didn't want "Polo" to win (which unfortunately they did)

WM:  Look, they have naked feet!!!

1 comment:

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Sometimes it amazes me how much ny nephews can pick up from just listening. Sounds like WM is a smart kid.

*Erin