Monday, July 11, 2011

say wha???

A has what I like to call the 3 year old speech impediment.   It's mostly blends he has trouble with.  And that is not uncommon for 3-5 year olds.   Most times I can decipher what the hell he is trying to tell me.  Other times....what he says sounds like other words, real words.   Sometimes A wants to put on his "fiderman" (spiderman) costume.  One time he asked me where the "shaper" (scraper) was.  Now if you can figure that out on the first try. . .kudos to you. 

The boys love to play with water and it's nice to give them a job to do so today we were washing some outside toys.  Finally go to their bikes and A says, "We gotta wash our bikes cause Mommy says they are 'effensive'"

Me:  They're what??

A:  Effensive

Me:  They're offensive?

A:  No effensive

It took me awhile, but I finally got it.  Their bikes were expensive.

No comments: