Tuesday, June 28, 2011

look, there's 2

Let me set the scene for you.  We're in my car on the way home from swim lessons.  A's car seat is in the middle of my back seat. 

A:  (pointing straight in front of him) Look there's two of them!

Me:  What are you pointing at?

A:  At that (still pointing)

Me:  A use your words.  I don't know what you are pointing at

A:  That.  There are two of them

Me:  Two what??

A:  Things that the gas comes out of

Me:  Ummmm....(pointing to my heat vents) do you mean these?

A:  No. Up there.  The things that let the gas out

Me:  I don't know what your talking about

A:  On that car!

It took me a while but I finally figured out that he was talking about the car in front of us.  It had dual exhaust.

**J:  Jess when we were getting into your car I saw writing on another car.

Me:  Oh yeah?

J:  It said J-E-E-P.  I read that

Me:  Do you know what J-E-E-P says?

J:  No

Me:  Well then you didn't actually "read" it.  You read the letters (man, I'm a jerk sometimes).  It says Jeep. 

J:  Oh
Yeah, I read that

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Way to encourage them. :-) I do that with my little sister too (BBBS Little Sister). She says "I know how to ski." I say, "You do? You've never skied before." She said, "You just stand on those little sticks and go fast down a mountain." I said "So you know what skiing is but you don't know how to do it. Stupid." Ok, I don't say stupid.