Monday, April 25, 2011

funniest morning ever (or at least in a while)

As soon as i walked into work this morning A couldn't wait to tell me all about his "bubble blaster car wash" that he got for Easter.  And then he told me that the Easter bunny gave him Tangled (which I haven't seen yet). 

Me:  I'm so excited about that.  Can I borrow it?

A:  No, it's not yours.  It's mine

Me: Please can I borrow it?  (mind you, I am borrowing it either way, he won't know)

A: no

Dad:  Well she let your borrow her Peter Pan and....

J: ....Her Monsters Inc.

Dad:  yeah Monsters Inc.

Me: What if I promise that I will bring it back?

A: You can borrow it for a little bit


**Then while we were eating breakfast I asked them if E got an Easter basket too.  She did but apparently she did not get any candy.  Go figure since she's 6 months and can't eat it. 

J:  She got a rattle and some stuffed animals for her room.

A:  She didn't get any candy though

Me:  Well she can't eat that anyway so it's ok.

A:  Why didn't she get any?

Me:  Well the Easter bunny is magic and know how old you guys are and knows that she can't eat it yet.

A:  Well you guys could mush up her candy then she can eat it.

**On Friday the boys saw a hula hoop at the library and I told them that maybe we could get them from Target.  Which reminds me that I didn't post this story.  A got hit in the face by the hula hoop Friday and was rightfully sad.  I told the boys that maybe we shouldn't play with the hula hoop inside and that maybe we could go get one from Target so we could play with them outside at their house.

A (in tears for the whole conversation):  what if Target doesn't have them?

Me:  I bet they do

A:  But what if they don't?

Me:  Then we will go to another Target

A:  What if they don't have boy ones?

Me:  They will

A:  What if they don't?

Me: Then I will go online and get some

A: What if there aren't any online?

Me:  Then we will tell Mommy and she can get you one

A:  What if Mommy says no?

Me:  Has Mommy ever said no to you?

This went on for a bit....

**So anyhoo I found some "boy" hula hoops and got them this weekend.  I told the boys I had a surprise for them in my trunk.  Then they started to guess a bunch of random things so I told them that it was something we talked about getting on Friday and J immediately said hula hoop (he's so smart). I told them I got one for each of them and I got myself one too.  I had to tell them that I bought it for me to keep at their house because A gets really upset when I leave things behind and begs his mom to call me so I can come back to get it (even though I will be right back the next day), It's usually my coffee cups.  So I have to be very specific about the things I mean to leave behind. 

Me:  So I bought it to leave here

J:  Yeah because hula hooping by yourself is no fun

Me: And you guys are so fun...you're like my best friends ever

J:  Yeah we're the coolest of the cool

Where do they come up with this stuff??!!

**We got to school early to drop J off, so we parked in the lot of a few minutes.  A asked what would happen if someone took J.  Not quite sure why he was thinking about that. 

Me:  Well I would look all over the world to find him

A: What if you couldn't find him?

Me:  I would keep looking

A:  What if the bad guys were too fast for you?  (so I guess it's "bad guys" that want to take J)

Me:  Then I would find the fastest car ever and look for J

A & J:  giggle

J:  I think your car is really fast

Me:  really?

J:  Yeah, it goes past 100!!

Me:  That it does.  (and I don't think my car could actually go 100 but the speedometer says so)

J:  It goes like 10 past 100!!

**Now we are home and A is playing with his bubble blaster car wash

A:  Jess look how backed up it is (there are about 10 matchbox cars piled on top of the car wash)

Me:  WOW!  Look at all those cars that need to get washed.


A: They're dirty

Me:  How did they get so dirty

A: Bird poop!



it really was backed up!!

No comments: